UN Consultative Forum
The APPG and Antisemitism Policy Trust hosted a special consultative event on 27 June 2019, to consider antisemitism and its impacts on the Right to Freedom of Religion or Belief. The event was hosted by APPG chair John Mann MP in the presence of the UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Dr. Ahmed Shaheed.
Following an introduction from both John Mann and Ahmed Shaheed, there were sessions on:
– Diagnosing the problem: Antisemitism in Europe
– A) Identifying trends of antisemitism (moderated by John Mann MP)
– B) Assessing the impact of antisemitism on the rights of Jews and freedom of religion or belief (Moderated by Danny Stone MBE)
– Responses to antisemitism in Europe: efforts to overcome and prevent antisemitism
– A) Political, Social and Legal Responses to Antisemitism (Moderated by Rt Hon Dame Margaret Hodge MP)
– B) Finding good practices and building resilience (Moderated by Andrew Percy MP)
This was followed by final questions and a conclusion by the Special Rapporteur.
Those in attendance, included academics, civil servants, NGO and other experts.